The mission of the Debre Menkrat Saint Gabriel Lemariam EOTC Saturday’s Children Education Program is to mold the lives of our children in the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Christian teachings through Holy Scripture and Holy Tradition and to develop each child spiritually to live a Christ-centered life.
Religious education is both a privilege and a necessity within the life of our Holy Orthodox Tewahedo Church. It is a privilege in that it involves instruction in the doctrines of our saving Orthodox Tewahedo Christian faith. It is a necessity because it helps develop a strong foundation so that our children can make the right choices in today’s highly complex world.
As an Ethiopian Orthodox Tewhado Church, the Debre Menkrat Saint Gabriel Welideta Lemariam has realized that the gift of Tewahedo is a way of life that we must preserve and impart to the young people of our community. We are called to express our identity as Tewahedo Christians by practicing a God-fearing and spiritual life.
Suffer the little children come to me, and forbid them not: For of such is the kingdom of God.
1) Be a Friend. We seek to understand our children, and to embody God’s love for them so that they feel empowered to learn, worship and ask kid-questions.
2) God’s Word is the spiritual food for growing children. Teachers help their students to understand the word through Sunday’s Children Education Program teachers lessons, and helps children apply God’s Word to their lives.
3) Prayer. Ultimately, it is God who works in the hearts of these children. We entrust these children to God by taking time each week to pray for each of our students.
Hours of the Class
- 9:00 AM – 9:29 AM – Preparation and prayer
- 9:30AM – 10:30 AM –Bible Study
- 10:31 AM – 11:15 AM – Liturgy Class
- 11:16 AM – 11:30 PM – Break
- 11:31 AM – 12:15 PM – Amharic Language Study
- 12:16 PM – 1:00 PM – Launch Time and Cleaning